Woke up this morning to being nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I like sharing this sort of thing because it get’s the word out about other people’s blogs as well as your own. A big thank you to Needless Pounds for nominating me and check out his awesome blog! Just read the kind words he said about me, really made my day! ”I chose Jessica for the Beautiful Blogger Award because she is a genuinely beautiful person. From her willingness to share her deeply personal thoughts with the world to the awesome work she does to help support others, Jessica truly is one of the most beautiful bloggers I’ve read recently.”
By accepting this award, I’m committing to completing several tasks, the first of which is to link to the above graphic, I think I did that right!
Next, I’m to thank the blogger who nominated me. Thank you Daniel for nominating me and I truly appreciate your kind words about me and my blog! Thank you for sharing your weight loss journey with the world also, you are awesome!
Thing three is to state seven things about myself. This is the hard part!
1. I have a Master’s degree in Health Education. That’s hard for a lot of people I know to believe since I am obese and work in a job way under my skill level. I always get the question, why don’t you have a better job? I tell them it’s because I am fat and sadly that is probably true. I actually went to school for 6 years and have a graduate degree. I’m hoping as I lose weight I might be able to secure a job in the field that I went to school for.
2. I have an obsession with cats! At once point in my life I owned three cats, sadly two are no longer with us. But the cat I have left is a cat that I have had for 9 years!
3. I actually played ice hockey as a teenager. I wasn’t heavy as a teenage and I was one of two girls in my high school who played on a women’s ice hockey team.
4. I hate milk! I haven’t had a glass of milk since 1996! I can’t stand the taste!!!!
5. My husband and I met online. My husband and I met through an on-line dating site in 2003 and met in person in 2004. We’ve been together ever since. We married in 2007.
6. I’ve lived in Germany twice. As I child I got to go over to Germany with my family and live twice. I lived there for about a year in 1985/1986. Then in 1993 we went back to live for the summer. My father is a retired professor so he went over to teach. No, I am not fluent in German but my parents are!
7. I’ve grew up in house with a pool in the basement. Yes, a pool in the basement and yes, we use it a lot.
Finally, I’m to nominate seven blogs for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Here are seven that I enjoy reading, some Bariatric related, some not!
1. The Family Pants: Awesome parenting blog! This blog makes me what to have children one day.
2. Honey I Shrunk The Grief!: Eric is a young widower and he shows us that love will find a way!
3. 300 Pounds Down: Awesome bariatric blog, she’s an amazing woman!
4. Eating Well Living Thin: Full of bariatric friendly recipes that are also tasty! Healthy doesn’t have to be bland!
5. Desperately Seeking Slender: Another fellow bariatric blogger, I hope to be as athletic as her one day! Love her blog to death!
6. The Other Side Of Up: Another awesome mother who shares hobbies, recipes, activities, and simple “daily twinklings.” Her blog also makes me want to have children!
7. Sassy Dreams Awake: An awesome breast cancer survivor and she’s at the beginning of her weight loss surgery journey, check her out!
Check everyone of them out! And if you are a nominatee please pay it forward if you are able!